Together for Orphans
We are better
Make Your Donation Today!
About the Campaign
More often than not, children bear the brunt of tragedies. In the face of conflict and extreme poverty, they suffer from loss, trauma, hunger, and disease from a very young age. It’s very common for children in these situations to become orphaned, to engage in dangerous child labor, and/or to become child brides.
UMR’s Orphan Protection Program tackles these issues through providing safety and security to children in need.
Our programs focus mainly on providing children and their caregivers with:
- Access to education
Overall, the program aims to increase enrollment of orphans in schools, empower families financially to ensure children are properly supported, and improve the overall quality of life for children in difficult situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
UMR works in several countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the United States. We use a multi-sectoral approach to protect children, orphans, refugees, the disabled, widows, and internally displaced people by providing shelter, medical aid, food, clean water, education, cash assistance, training, and so much more. (Previously known as United Muslim Relief)
- Yes! All of our Ramadan programs are zakat eligible. We take pride in serving some of the most vulnerable people in desperate need of aid.
- With your generous contributions, we are able to help the poor and needy.
- UMR has several tracking and reporting mechanisms in place to ensure that all project deliveries happen as smoothly and as effectively as possible. We maximize your donations to our fullest extent.
- UMR’s expert teams on the ground work with local volunteers, authorities, and community-based organizations (CBO’s) to monitor and document the implementation of programs and report results and challenges. From there, pictures, stories, and data are sent to donors to ensure maximum transparency is met.
- UMR has an intricate network of partners that help us access some of the hardest to reach areas.
- After our teams identify families and individuals that fit the beneficiary selection criteria, UMR works with local vendors and partners to get the supplies needed to help them, and begin distribution.
- UMR has a number of programs happening at the same time across several countries. The need for donations to maintain these activities is crucial.
- UMR occasionally teams up with influencers to raise funds for our projects, to reach a wider audience.
- To ensure that you are donating to a legitImate UMR fundraiser, it must be linked to UMR’s official account. UMR uses Go Fund Me, Classy, LaunchGood, Facebook, and our website for fundraisers.
- When you click on a donation link, look for the creator of the fundraiser. It should have UMR’s logo, or have an official disclaimer saying that this fundraiser is on behalf of UMR.
- All fundraisers and influencers that promote our fundraising pages do not have access to the funds that are raised. These official pages are directly linked to UMR’s bank account. There is no middle-man.
Of course! You can help us collect funds for our projects by utilizing our Volunteer Fundraising Toolkit. Our toolkit provides you with the tools and steps ton help fundraise, and empower community to support our causes, skilling your into a bonafide crowdsourcing champion. To learn more about how you can sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.