together this Ramadan
We are better
Dedicated to empowering marginalized and underserved communities to build their capacity toward resilience.
Make Your Donation Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do you work?
UMR works in several countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the United States. We use a multi-sectoral approach to protect children, orphans, refugees, the disabled, widows, and internally displaced people by providing shelter, medical aid, food, clean water, education, cash assistance, training, and so much more. (Previously known as United Muslim Relief)
Are your programs Zakat eligible?
- Yes! All of our Ramadan programs are zakat eligible. We take pride in serving some of the most vulnerable people in desperate need of aid.
- With your generous contributions, we are able to help the poor and needy.
Where do my donations go?
- UMR has several tracking and reporting mechanisms in place to ensure that all project deliveries happen as smoothly and as effectively as possible. We maximize your donations to our fullest extent.
- UMR’s expert teams on the ground work with local volunteers, authorities, and community-based organizations (CBO’s) to monitor and document the implementation of programs and report results and challenges. From there, pictures, stories, and data are sent to donors to ensure maximum transparency is met.
How does UMR get supplies to people in need?
- UMR has an intricate network of partners that help us access some of the hardest to reach areas.
- After our teams identify families and individuals that fit the beneficiary selection criteria, UMR works with local vendors and partners to get the supplies needed to help them, and begin distribution.
I see different fundraisers on different sites. Which ones are legitimate?
- UMR has a number of programs happening at the same time across several countries. The need for donations to maintain these activities is crucial.
- UMR occasionally teams up with influencers to raise funds for our projects, to reach a wider audience.
- To ensure that you are donating to a legitImate UMR fundraiser, it must be linked to UMR’s official account. UMR uses Go Fund Me, Classy, LaunchGood, Facebook, and our website for fundraisers.
- When you click on a donation link, look for the creator of the fundraiser. It should have UMR’s logo, or have an official disclaimer saying that this fundraiser is on behalf of UMR.
- All fundraisers and influencers that promote our fundraising pages do not have access to the funds that are raised. These official pages are directly linked to UMR’s bank account. There is no middle-man.
Can I help collect funds for UMR?
Of course! You can help us collect funds for our projects by utilizing our Volunteer Fundraising Toolkit. Our toolkit provides you with the tools and steps ton help fundraise, and empower community to support our causes, skilling your into a bonafide crowdsourcing champion. To learn more about how you can sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, checks, ACH/bank transfers and wire transfers.
Who do I contact if I have any questions or any issue with my donation?
- All inquiries related to donations can be facilitated through email or by phone. By Email: email@example.com. By phone: call us toll free at (833) 844-8464 or at (202) 370-6963.
- Don’t forget to sign up for our email list to receive real-time updates on our work!
Other ways to Help
Corporate Matching Gifts
Double your donation by having your employer match your gift!
Volunteer with us Today!
Join our growing team of domestic and international volunteers
You help further UMR’s mission through your Amazon purchases.
Donate Your Car
Donate a car, truck, motorcycle, or RV to UMR
Transform your business while having a positive impact.